Monday, December 17, 2018

Conquering Sudoku


I am pleased to report that I can now complete a level 4 Sudoku puzzle in less than 30 minutes.  This was not an easy victory for me.  I have always been pretty good at puzzles and it drove me crazy that I couldn’t do the daily Sudoku in the San Jose Mercury News.  I know that MAGA supporters in Iowa can do these goddamn puzzles and it began to infuriate me that I could not.
            So I watched TWELVE HOURS of YouTube videos by The Sudoku Guy, an older British gentleman with a penchant for strange shirts and a girlfriend named Katherine (seemed like kismet).  Which is odder, that I watched these videos or that they exist?
            I would like to thank my husband for providing me with the sort of lifestyle that enables me to pursue esoteric quests like being good at Sudoku.  I am grateful every day that I don’t have to haul manure to a potato patch or some such task and can instead sit at the kitchen table and enjoy several limited-edition Nespressos while muttering to my newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment